June 18 - July 10, 2022
* This includes food, housing, transportation, medical insurance, t-shirt, and most ministry supplies. It does NOT include flights.
May 7, 2022
NUMBER OF SPACES OPEN
Registration is closed for this team, but there’s still time to sign up for some of the other summer mission teams. Check our Instagram for stories from the Romania group starting June 18!
Security Update – 04/10/2022: We are carefully monitoring the situation in Ukraine and any potential impact on Romania. At this point, Romania is taking refugees, but is not a part of the conflict. Since Romania is an EU country and a member of NATO, we are anticipating (and praying!) it will remain peaceful.
Covid Update – 02/08/2022: There are currently three options for entering Romania. Pick one of the following:
- A negative covid test taken within 72 hrs of boarding your first flight
- Proof of vaccination
- Proof of recovery within the last 180 days
The picturesque side of Romania: a place where cars and horse drawn carts share the same roads, castles form the backdrop for modern cities, and the beautiful countryside is still farmed by hand. The dark side of Romania: aging Communist-era factories, high unemployment, Gypsies treated as the unwanted minority, and abandoned children caught in the human trafficking industry. However, there is a real openness to the Gospel in this country where less than 8% of the population are Protestant Christians. The children especially are quick to respond to God’s love and forgiveness. So, gear up for tons of kids’ programs! From churches, to a Gypsy village, to a camp for poor children, you will have an opportunity to share the Gospel with those who are most willing to hear it!
- At least 16 years old (15 if traveling with an older sibling)
- Genuinely saved
- In agreement with the Global Encounters statement of faith
- Previous ministry experience with kids and teens is helpful, but not required.