June 16 - July 15, 2018
* This includes food, housing, transportation, medical insurance, t-shirt, and most ministry supplies. It does NOT include flights or optional gear rental (maximum of $75 if you need all gear provided).
The price listed is tentative
May 5, 2018
NUMBER OF SPACES OPEN
Dates are set for summer, 2018 and we are accepting registrations!
Have you ever looked in the face of someone with whom you desperately want to communicate, whether to share the Gospel or ask what is on their heart or just get to know them, but been frustrated by your inability to communicate in their language? This trip is all about moving from frustration to the thrill of hearing another language coming out of your mouth and seeing understanding in another person’s face. It’s about learning to express God’s truth and communicate from the heart in Spanish. If you are passionate about communicating in Spanish and see it as a necessary part of what God has in mind for your future, join us in the adventure and challenge of learning to speak Spanish.
You will spend your mornings in language school. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes are available. (If you are an advanced student, let us know so we can discuss group or private lesson options.) Team members will be assigned to the group that fits their current language skills. Afternoons and evenings will be devoted to study and/or opportunities to use those new Spanish skills, interacting with people in the quaint town of San Cristobal. The weekends will often be spent on some longer ministry treks (without translators!).
After the four weeks of language studies you will have the option of going on to two weeks of children’s ministry in the jungle where you can use your Spanish every single day for ministry and interacting with village life. See the Chiapas trip for more details.
- At least 16 years old
- Genuinely saved
- In agreement with the Global Encounters statement of faith
- The last week involves some “roughing it.” While it’s not strenuous, we recommend being in fairly good shape.
- You will need some camping gear for the last week of this trip. You can bring your own or rent gear from GE for $75.
- No previous Spanish skills required.