July 14-28, 2018
* This includes food, housing, transportation, medical insurance, t-shirt, and most ministry supplies. It does NOT include flights or optional gear rental (maximum of $75 if you need all gear provided).
June 1, 2018
NUMBER OF SPACES OPEN
We have tentative dates for the summer, 2018 Chiapas mission trip and registration is open!
This is a missions adventure that requires faith, endurance and love. In remote, tiny villages scattered across the jungles of Chiapas there are people with huge physical and spiritual needs. Clean water is one of the most basic needs. Working with the Mouser family and other missionaries the team will help provide water filters to villagers as a meaningful way to build relationships and point them to the Living Water that will satisfy their deeper spiritual needs.
The team will also teach open-air children’s programs. These activities are a fun and energetic way to teach Biblical truth to kids through skits, stories, crafts and games. Orphanage ministry and practical construction projects round out the schedule.
If being a part of a group of passionate Christians who sleep in hammocks, teach children about Jesus, explore rain forests, share the Gospel, drink coconut milk right from the source, and maybe even jump a waterfall or two sounds like your ideal summer, this is the mission trip for you!
- At least 16 years old (15 if traveling with an older sibling)
- Genuinely saved
- In agreement with the Global Encounters statement of faith
- Living conditions in the jungle are similar to camping. It’s not strenuous, but we recommend being in fairly good shape.
- You will need some camping gear for this trip. You can bring your own or rent gear from GE for $75.