This page is our central location for COVID-19 updates about how the pandemic is affecting our mission teams, travel regulations, etc. Check back regularly for updates.
In general, for all countries, we want to get our teams back out there with the kids as soon as possible. We will work with each team to make sure that covid testing and other travel requirements are met and we regularly monitor for rule changes. We do not have any covid requirements for team members above what is imposed by each country. We have insurance for each team that includes coverage for covid, in case a team member gets sick. We will also take care of all the logistics of rearranging travel, housing, etc. if needed, and insurance should cover the cost.
- February 18, 2021 – We have a plan for the Ecuador summer team that works with the country’s covid rules. Most activities will be outdoors, but we usually work outdoors a lot anyway. Pack sunscreen! Side benefit: you will come home with a really good tan!
- February 12, 2021 – Myanmar is currently closed and the trip is postponed indefinitely. This is partly because of covid, but also largely due to the military coup that has taken over the country. The military government has announced that airports will be closed to international flights until at least the end of May. We will monitor the situation and we are praying that God will reopen the doors here soon… and protect the Christians in the country right now.
- February 1, 2021 – Romania is still closed at this point, but they are reopening schools this month and using that as a test case before reevaluating restrictions. The government should be giving more direction at the end of February. We are hoping to send the team, and registration is open, but the dates are flexible until we know better what travel will look like this summer.
- January 23, 2021 – A negative covid test will be required to return to the US from international locations. We will work this into the schedule for every team and find a source for the tests. The cost for the test is not included in the price of the trip unless clearly stated on the trip info page.
- January 15, 2021 – Ecuador is open and the summer team is happening! Travel requirements: you must show a negative covid test taken within the previous 10 days before traveling to Ecuador. See the Ecuador trip page for more details.
- December 27, 2020 – The Christmas team made it to Zimbabwe! We have a much better idea of how the covid travel rules work now (it’s easier than we thought), so future teams to Zimbabwe can benefit from this team going first.
- Nov. 1, 2020 – Zimbabwe is open! We had been planning to take the Christmas team to Ecuador, but events are still so shut down in the country that we decided to go to Zimbabwe instead. See the Christmas team page for details.